Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love to bake things for myself my kids, and chocolate chip cookies rank as the best.  Thinking about making them healthier and soy and dairy free posed a challenge.  First of all, chocolate chips have milk and soy lethicin added, don't they?  Not all of them.  
Not this kind! It is soy and dairy free and they taste good (which is always a plus!)
So, then I just used the toll house recipe with a few substitutions:

Chocolate Chip Cookies - soy and dairy free

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the following in a bowl and set aside:

2 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt

Put these into a bowl and mix VERY well:

1 cup of solidified coconut oil (I put mine in a cool, dark closet that makes it soft enough to use, yet solid enough to do what I needed it to)
3/4 cup organic sugar
3/4 cup organic brown sugar
2 eggs

Add the dry ingredients slowly into the wet mixture.  When it is just incorporated, stir in your chocolate chips. 

Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes.

They are very, very good.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 your comments! Please feel free to leave a comment and share where you blog as well!

Search This Blog