Bread Pudding

I wanted to make Bread Pudding for the kids. It was relatively easy to work out according to our new dietary guidelines. I had to fight for the picture! The grey looking spot in the middles is from where I was blocking the light. It was that wonderful brown color all the way through. Like I said, I had to basically beat the children out of the way to get to it!
I used homemade soy free, dairy free yeast rolls that did not turn out exactly right. They were really too heavy for eating as a bun or roll, but just right for this! I will be sharing this recipe as soon as I get the kinks worked out. :)




Bread Pudding

3 cups of soy free, dairy free bread chunks
1 cup of Almond Milk (I used vanilla flavored)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted

Mix milk, eggs, oil, and sugar until combined. Pour over bread chunks and stir together. Set aside while you make topping

Topping
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 heaping tablespoon of solified coconut oil (put in fridge for a bit)
1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup of brown sugar

mix with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over pudding mixture.

Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top starts to brown and the pudding is set.

Serve warm!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 your comments! Please feel free to leave a comment and share where you blog as well!

Search This Blog