A Wonderful Recipe to Celebrate!

Ok, so my child has been remarkably symptom free for a little over a week now.  The lumbar puncture he had this past week showed good results.  The medication he is on is really working very well!  I am grateful for this, yet at the same time, grieving the fact he has to be on medication or he could get sick again.  I hope I can have my medication free child back someday! 

I figured all the good news deserved a GREAT recipe.  This is what I will be taking to my sister's christmas party this Saturday. This is seriously just as good, if not better, than what the restaraunts serve!

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

10 to 12 ounces of spinach - if using frozen, thaw and drain well.
1 can of artichokes hearts, chopped
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
1 jar of alfredo sauce
2 cups of mozzerella, divided
1 cup shredded parmesan, divided
1/2 tsp pepper (use more or less to suit you)

Preheat oven to 350.  Put spinach in microwave with a teaspoon of water until wilted, about a minute then drain off water.  Put in a bowl and add chopped artichokes hearts.  In a small bowl, heat cream cheese in microwave until soft and smooth, about 2 minutes, stirring halfway.  Put in bowl with spinach.  Pour in jar of alfredo sauce.  Mix in a cup of mozzerella cheese and 2/3 cup of parmesan.  Stir everything until mixed completely.
Pour into an 8x8 casserole or the large oval from pampered chef.  Top with remaining cheeses.
Bake until bubbly and cheese is just starting to have the little brown spots on top.  About 25 minutes. 

This is really good with chips or you can add cooked penne rigate or linguine for a nice meal!

Merry Christmas!


Share

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Ellen Kimbro said...

Hi Jessica. My name is Ellen Kimbro. I write features for The Jackson Sun, and I saw your listing on freecycle.org this evening. I decided to take a look at your blog, because I write about Food and Home & Garden topics for the paper.
I worked there for 15 years as an editor and designer but began doing some reporting for the features department this fall.
I'd like to talk with you by phone or in person about your blog and recipes you post. Would you be willing to be a source for a food story?
Please let me know by e-mailing ellbobaggins@hotmail.com. I'd like to give you a buzz after the holidays if possible. I work weeks ahead on stories and am constantly brainstorming and planning stories that I think West Tennesseans would enjoy reading.
I also write a weekly column called "Faith Matters" that runs in our Religion section every Saturday. You can read more about me at ellenkimbro.webs.com or find me on Facebook. I live in Jackson.
I hope to hear from you soon!

Ellen Kimbro
Features, Jackson Sun
245 W. Lafayette St.
Jackson TN 38301
(731) 426-5053
ellbobaggins@hotmail.com

Post a Comment

I <3 your comments! Please feel free to leave a comment and share where you blog as well!

Search This Blog